This interactive workshop will offer education and reflection as participants navigate the demands of the helping profession. Specific challenges will be discussed as participants identify vicarious and secondary traumatic stress within the workplace.
Objectives: (for CEU’s)
Participants will be able to name/explain/use:
- Reasons why caring creates risks and the importance of having strategies to mitigate these risks
- 13 Self-Care Basics
- Self-Care Action Plan
- Borysenko, Joan (2011). Why You Burn Out and How to Revive It. Hay House, NYC.
- Palmer, P. J. (2000). Let your life speak: Listening for the voice of vocation. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network, http://www.nctsn.org
- Lipsky, L. (2009). Trauma Stewardship. traumastewardship.com
Frankl, V. E. (1984). Man’s search for meaning: An introduction to logotherapy. New York: Simon & Schuster.
Format: PowerPoint, Facilitated Discussion, Interactive Activities, Videos
- 1 to 1.5 hrs. (Conferences only)
- 3 hr. Workshops