This workshop will discuss the Seven Essential Ingredients for Trauma Informed Care. The focus will be on the prevalence and impact of trauma and an overview of perspectives, regulation, relationships, a reason to be, and caregiver capacity will be reviewed. SAMHSA’s concept of Trauma and Guidance for a Trauma-Informed Approach will also be covered.
Objectives: (for CEU’s)
Participants will be able to name/explain/use:
- Trauma and Trauma Informed Care
- The Six Key Principles of a Trauma Informed approach
- How the ACE Study correlates to Trauma
- The 7 essential ingredients for Trauma Informed Care
- The Adverse Childhood Experiences Study. Retrieved from acestudy.org
- Buffington, Kristine (2015). Saving Private Ryan and James and Jamie…Saving lives and promoting resiliency with Trauma‐Informed Care. Retrieved from http://www.courtswv.gov/public-resources/CAN/wvcip/2015Cross-Training/Helping-Children-Heal.pdf.
- Dech, Eva and Darby Penny (2013). Bringing Trauma-Informed Practices to Peer Support. Retrieved from http://www.nyaprs.org/conferences/annual-conference/documents/NYAPRSTIPSpresentation9-10-13.pdf.
- Principles of trauma informed care. Retrieved from http://www.mhpod.gov.au/.
- Seven Essential Ingredients. Retrieved from SaintA.org.
Format: PowerPoint, Facilitated Discussion, Interactive Activities, Videos
- 1 to 1.5 hrs. (Conferences only)
- 3 hr. Workshops