In this workshop participants will learn what strong families need, and what protective factors, family assets, and approaches make up strong families as seen in a variety of research studies. Time will be spent looking at the develop levels of play and practicing hands-on activities that will assist the participant’s own families as well as the families they serve.
Participants will be able to name/explain/use:
- Shift current risk/deficit practices to a resilient/strength orientation
- Factors found in resilient youth and the protective factors that foster them
Strategies and activities known to foster protective and resiliency factors in children and youth
- The Center for The Study of Social Policy’s Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework
- Family Assets, https://www.search-institute.org/
- Jim Burns, Ph.D.
- The Five Love Languages, Gary Chapman
Format: PowerPoint, Facilitated Discussion, Interactive Activities, Video
- 1 to 1.5 hrs. (Conferences only)
- 3 hr. Workshop
(KD, JD, KS)