In this workshop participants will learn what strong families need, and what protective factors, family assets, and approaches make up strong families as seen in a variety of research studies. Time will also be spent with hands-on activities that will assist the participant’s own families and the families they serve.
Objectives: (for CEU’s)
Participants will be able to name/explain/use:
- Shift current risk/deficit practices to a resilient/strength orientation
- Factors found in resilient youth and the protective factors that foster them
- Strategies and activities known to foster protective and resiliency factors in children and youth
- The Center for The Study of Social Policy’s Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework
- Family Assets, search_institute.org
- Jim Burns, Ph.D.
- The Five Love Languages, Gary Chapman
Format: PowerPoint, Facilitated Discussion, Interactive Activities, Videos
- 1 to 1.5 hrs. (Conferences only)
- 3 hr. Workshops