Many professionals are “drawn” to the non-profit sector because they want to make a difference or address a need. They may have experienced personal pain and want to help others suffering from the same kind of experience. There are many motivations and many individuals with varied skills making up prevention workforce. Using didactic and experiential methods, participants will be given the opportunity to explore their motivations and identify steps they can take to answer the “call” while maintaining a healthy balance in their lives.
Objectives: (for CEU’s)
Participants will be able to name/explain/use:
- The difference between a job and a vocation
- The Six “S” Strategies (Strengths, Skills, Stabilizers, Success, Self-Care, Small Steps)
- Ways to achieve and maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Phillppe, Jacques, Interior Freedom. New York: Scepter Publishers, Inc., 2007.
- Benner, David G., The Gift of Being Yourself. Downers Grove: Inter-Varsity Press, 2004.
- Palmer, Parker, Let Your Life Speak, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2000.
- Rath, Tom, Strengths Finder, New York: Gallup Press, 2007.
Format: PowerPoint, Facilitated Discussion, Interactive Activities, Videos
- 1 to 1.5 hrs. (Conferences only)
- 3 hr. Workshops