What is meant by Authentic, Courageous Leadership? Why is it an important subject for us to explore in the 21st century? How can we as individuals and collectively embrace the principles and practices associated with Authentic, Courageous Leadership? This workshop will answer each of these questions.
The need for authentic, courageous, effective leadership has never been greater. Leaders who possess self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relational skills and decision-making skills are needed to lead with confidence, authenticity and courage. Through discussion and activities participants will focus on the “Being” part of leadership.
How do we become authentic, courageous leaders? It is much more about our “BEING” than our “DOING”. It is about living an examined life, being true to ourselves and embracing a style that is consistent with our personality and character.
This interactive workshop will examine what it means to be authentic, courageous leaders in the social sector today. The following domains will be explored: Self-Awareness; Self-Management; Social Awareness; Relational Skills; Responsible Decision-Making.
Participants will be able to name/explain/use:
- What is meant by authentic, courageous leadership?
- The impact of emotions and thoughts on their behavior as well as self-management practices they can incorporate
- Empathy for others and relationship building skills to establish and maintain healthy connections
- Constructive and respectful choices based on ethical standards, social norms and a realistic evaluation of outcomes in a given situation
- Matt Segneri, Harvard Business School
- Courageous Leadership, Brené Brown, Research Professor, University of Houston
- Dare to Lead, Brené Brown, Research Professor, University of Houston
Format: PowerPoint, Facilitated Discussion, Interactive Activities, Videos
- 1 to 1.5 hrs. (Conferences only)
- 6 hr. Workshop